Stats and Highlights
Reaching New Heights
ON THE COURT
- Only player over the last 60 seasons to lead all rookies in total points, rebounds, assists and steals at the All-Star break.
- Just the sixth player in NBA history to lead all rookies in total points, rebounds and assists at the All-Star break along with Bob Pettit (1954-55), Elgin Baylor (1958-59), Wilt Chamberlain (1959-60), Oscar Robertson (1960-61) and Alvan Adams (1975-76) who all went on to win Rookie of the Year in their respective rookie season.
- Youngest player in NBA history with a triple-double, recording 22 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists vs. Atlanta on Jan. 9 at the age 19 years and 140 days.
More on LaMelo
- Recorded a triple-double in the 10th game of his career making him just one of nine players in NBA history to post a triple-double in 10 career games or fewer and just the third over the last decade along with John Wall and Ben Simmons.
- Won the first three Rookie of the Month awards for December/January, February and March as he is the 10th rookie over the last 10 seasons to earn Rookie of the Month Honors in the first three months of a season. Six of the last nine rookies to do so went on to win Rookie of the Year.
- Just the third player in NBA history to average at least 20.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 5.0 assists in their first five career starts after he averaged 22.6 points, 6.0 rebounds and 6.6 assists; only player to average 20-6-6 in first five career starts.
- Averaged 20.1 points, 6.3 rebounds, 6.7 assists and 1.7 steals per game in February and was one of five players to appear in at least five games.
- He became just the third teenager to average 20-6-6 in a calendar month in a minimum of 10 games along with Luka Doncic and LeBron James who both did it multiple times.
- Ball is just the fifth rookie over the last 20 seasons to average 20-5-5 in February along with Stephen Curry, Luka Doncic, Tyreke Evans and Russell Westbrook as only him and Curry also averaged 1.5 steals per game.
- One of eight players in NBA history to average at least 10.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 1.5 steals in their first 30 career NBA games after he averaged 14.6 points, 6.1 rebounds, 6.1 assists and 1.6 steals in his first 30 games.
- At 19 years and 170 days old, posted 24 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds on 7-of-18 shooting, including 7-for-12 from 3-point range on Feb. 8 vs. Houston to become the youngest player with 20 points, 10 assists and five rebounds along with five made 3s.
- Ninth rookie in NBA history with 20-5-10 and five made 3s and just one of three along with Stephen Curry and Jason Kidd to make seven 3-pointers with 20-5-10.
- Recorded 30 points, eight assists six rebounds and a career-high tying four steals at Portland on Mar. 1, becoming the third youngest player with 30-5-5 in a game at 19 years and 191 days old, only behind LeBron James and Kevin Durant.
The Charlotte Hornets rookie and franchise guy has been the best rookie we’ve seen this season. He’s also had the best rookie season we’ve seen this season.
The Athletic – Zach Harper